create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Every Boy Needs His Pooh

I loved my baby shower! I got so many gifts it took me hours to sort through them all.  I hardly needed diapers or clothes for the first 6 months of Aaron's life. I was set for practically everything my sweet baby needed.  One of the best gifts he got was a stuffed Winnie the Pooh.  When Aaron was finally able to sleep on his tummy, I let him have Pooh in his crib with him.  It was like they'd waited their entire lives to be together.  They instantly bonded and now they are inseparable.

Pooh takes quite a beating, yet he never complains.  He gets cuddled, bitten, plays teether, gets tossed over the side of the crib and back again as a little game my son and I love to play.  He's been spit up on, peed on and he still just smiles and loves every minute of it.  I guess that's why we love him huh? The fact that we can dole out the worst abuse on them and they forgive us and still comfort us. 

Many times I've witnessed my baby boy curled up with Pooh in peaceful slumber and my heart has melted. But last night I witnessed something new.  Aaron was fast asleep, face down in his crib and Pooh was curled up on his back. The cuddlee had become the cuddler.  It was so incredible.  Somehow the roles had been reversed and my heart took a picture.  The moment was fleeting, and as soon as I put the camera away, Aaron was once again curled up on Pooh and the bear, all stuffed with love, was happily being choke held while his boy slept. 

There are just some things a Mother cherishes.  The smile and giggle she gets when she says Good Morning to her baby.  Bath time with all its wonder.  The intent listen as she says her prayers before bed time asking God to bless her angel and cradle him while he sleeps.  And the sweet sight of her baby boy cuddled up in sweet slumber with Winnie the Pooh.

No comments:

Post a Comment