create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Good Morning World

My Dad often says, "I wish I could wake up as happy as he is in the mornings". Aaron wakes up laughing, giggling and happy to see everyone in his world. He doesn't remember the day before and is so excited to get started with this new beginning that he just brightens up even the gloomiest of days.

What a way to look at life!  You forget anything bad that happened before you went to sleep, you slept like a baby, pardon the pun and when you woke up there were all the people you love and who treat you like you're special and you can't wait to play with them.  Oh how I wish I still had that outlook on life.

I sleep in Aaron's room with him, on a mattress on the floor. Yes, I may be over protective but it's easier to get up from a few inches away and tend to his needs than to leave him bawling in his room while I struggle to wake up, stumble in and make matters worse.  When he's ready to get up but I'm still begging for a few more minutes sleep, he will take his stuffed Winnie the Pooh and throw him out of his crib and onto the floor. I toss it back, sometimes playfully hitting him with the plump yellow bear on the way back over the crib rail. It's a simple game yet brings such joy to my little man. 

He will stick his hands and feet through the rungs of his crib and I will tickle them as he pulls them back inside.  But they magically reappear just seconds later and our fun continues. There truly is nothing like play time with Aaron no matter where it is or how small the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment